If you want to drive traffic and gain a high ranking for your website, then the key work that you have to do is to make your website SEO friendly. You may wonder What is SEO? Search Engine Optimization in short SEO is a process of optimizing a website to improve its ranking on Google SERP (Search Engine Results Page). Through good SEO, you can increase the quantity and quality of traffic to your website. The traffic driven by the SEO is called as Organic Traffic or Natural Traffic.
What is SEO? Importance of SEO
SEO plays a vital role in increasing your business growth and to meet your business objectives. The most important benefits of SEO are given below.
- Most of the users click only on one of the top 5 suggestions displayed on the Google SERPs. So, through good SEO, you can bring more visitors to your website and can increase your traffic and can get placed in the top positions.
- Good SEO improves the user experience and usability of a website.
- For the social promotion of your website, SEO will be helpful. Users who find your websites on Google will more likely to promote your site on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media channels.
- SEO also helps in smooth running of a big website.
- Good SEO will put you ahead of the competition. If there are two websites which sell the same products, then the search engine optimized website will more likely to have more customers and make more sales.
There are three types of SEO. They are White Hat SEO, Black Hat SEO, and Grey Hat SEO.
White Hat SEO
The White Hat SEO is the most popular SEO technique. It utilizes methods and techniques to improve search engine rankings of a website. The techniques of White Hat SEO include quality content, link building, using keywords, keyword research, mobile friendliness, and much more. If you chose White Hat SEO, then there will be a gradual yet steady but lasting growth in your rankings.
Black Hat SEO
Black Hat SEO is a technique which makes full use of the various weaknesses in the search engines in order to get high rankings for websites. This technique is not in accordance with the SEO guidelines set by any search engine. Some Black Hat SEO techniques include keyword stuffing, link spam, hidden text, hidden link, and cloaking. If you do Black Hat SEO, then your website traffic increases within no time but it doesn’t long last.
SEO is all about creating brand visibility. The Good SEO and quality content ensures that users can find your website and stay on your website for a long time. Therefore, in this article, you have learned What is SEO and Importance & Types of SEO.